Saturday, June 20, 2015

DAY 1- the arrival

It’s hard to label this with a day, because our travel time was so weird. Technically, everyone on this trip didn’t have a June 11th. Logically, we travelled on two days, but calendar wise, we travelled on three. Nonetheless, we were all exhausted. The first flight was fine for me. I just listened to music and pretended that the next flight would be that easy. I was completely mistaken. An eleven-hour flight next to some man with no personal space while trying to sleep in an uncomfortable chair wasn’t particularly easy. I was on the earlier island-hopper flight as well, which we had to actually run to. It wasn’t my favorite, due to my hate of small planes, but the view was incredible. I was overjoyed to land, and get to the bungalows we were staying at. They were absolutely cute, and fit myself, Lucy, Meghan, and Claire. The first thing we did after unpacking was eat breakfast, which didn’t make much sense for our internal clocks. Some much-needed relaxation was the next step.
We headed over to a private beach, on the land of a bed and breakfast. I personally was too worn out to swim, so I sat and read a book.
We met up with the rest of the group, and everyone got situated. We did games and activities to get to know each other, and to see what everyone wants out of the trip. We talked about our fears for the trip, and we learned that we’re not all as different as we thought. A lot of people were worried about offending the village, or not fitting in with everyone else on the trip. It was refreshing for me to have this personal setting with the people that I’m going to be spending two weeks with. Though I was completely tired by the end of it, I really loved feeling connected with everyone, even in this minute way.
We finally got to sleep, and I went to sleep looking forward to the rest of the trip.

the very first photo I took on the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment